KidPrintable Boards

KidPrintable Boards (http://www.kidprintables.com/boards/index.php)
-   Question of the Week (http://www.kidprintables.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Question of the Week March 31 - April 7 (http://www.kidprintables.com/boards/showthread.php?t=1195)

Admin 03-31-2007 03:32 PM

Question of the Week March 31 - April 7

What is your biggest parenting challenge right now?

norlou 04-01-2007 03:02 AM

Sleep is my biggest challenge

It used to be food (DD could not eat dairy, soy, nuts or fish, but now can). I have a 20 month old and 4 year old. They never both sleep well. If one is doing great the other is not. Because of my DH schedule he goes to bed before the kids. It had been good for a while but my littlest is teething again so she wakes up the older one.

Rhonda67 04-03-2007 01:02 PM

UGH. With 6 kids ranging in ages from 16 - 4, I have a myriad of parenting issues. The biggest issue with all of them at the moment seems to be "doing what you're asked without question." I don't know how to make them understand that everything I ask them to do, or not do, is always in their best interest. Sigh.

ANGSWIN 04-10-2007 03:09 PM

Cleaning up!

I am having the hardest time getting my 4 year old to clean up her messes! It was never a problem before, I would just ask her to pick up so-and-so and she would. Now, she cries and complains that she "doesn't want to" or "something-or-other hurts" or the she "doesn't like me anymore!"
It is getting very frustrating! I am hoping it is just a phase - please tell me it is just a phase!

italiancookies 04-11-2007 03:06 PM

biggest challenge hitting/ biting

My 2.5 yr old hits me sometimes if she is mad or I tell her no. She also has a habbit of biting her finger when she is frustraded.

kmslape 04-11-2007 03:59 PM

My biggest challenge right now is having two boys who are extremely active in extracurricular activities (they are 9 and 11) and my two year old (who is a special needs child) needing so much attention. But, with God's help ... I'm doing it!

witmeremt 04-13-2007 11:53 PM

My biggest challenge is switching to the overnight shift, so that I can be with my kids more. I recently worked a Job where I was constantly on the go, now I am working at the hospital and my hours will be while the kids are in bed and my plan is to sleep when they are in shool, however with summer coming I will want to be with them more and when will I sleep?

jenewren 04-18-2007 11:52 AM

my biggest problem parenting is...

My 6 yr old daughter thinks she can do everything my 1and a half year old son does, so i am trying to teach the youngest right from wrong and trying to reteach the 6yr old...

jenewren

mommymare 04-19-2007 05:04 PM

My biggest parenting challenge right now is trying to be understanding and fair. I have 2 boys-1 almost 6 and one 12 (going on 22!). The 12yo doesn't remember all the attention I bestowed upon him in the early years and the 5yo wants to know why he can't do what his brother does.
My hubby agrees with what I do parenting wise, but he works 2nd shift (2pm-2am) so he is never here with the kids to see what actually transpires.
My 12yo also has special needs, including developmental delays in speech and hearing.
God is being good as He provided that I stay home! I still lack the support I need from a "9-5" dad.
Good luck to the other mommies, it's nice to know you're not alone!

Marianne

jennifer57 04-19-2007 05:09 PM

Mrs

My biggest parenting challenge right now is fighting with my daughters school. She is in 9th grade and still cannot read! It's at the point where I'm just so tired of the school pushing her thru year to year and not helping any at all. I've tried to tutor my daughter but she just refuses and says she doesn't care if she ever can read or not. The hardest part is my 2nd grade daughter is extremely smart so my oldest is very jealous of her.