View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 09:09 AM

Unhappy 5yr old has me at end of my rope

My 5yr old dd does not listen to me. When i try to put her in a time out chair she gets up and laughs, i sit her back down, this will go on for 10-15 mins before i give up with frustration. So i tried putting her in her room, she follows me right out the door and laughs at me, i walk her back in there, and we continue this scenario for quite some time. She will laugh at me and run out the front door and run from me in the yard, laughing, if i go after her. So I stopped going after her and when she came in, I would try to discipline her again, with no avail. I am at my wits end with her. If I tell my husband (her step father) when he gets home, she is sent to her room for the rest of the night, only allowed to come out for dinner. Then he gets mad at her if she falls asleep before bedtime, cause she will go in there and lay down instead of finding something constructive to do. She will listen to him, and doesnt treat me that way when he is here. They do have times when they play and she tell him "daddy I love you". But when it is just me, she kicks, screams, hits, throws things at me, and wont listen to me for anything in the world. I hate to say it, but she has her real father's temper, and I left him because he abused me. She thinks she is boss, and breaks every rule when my husband is not here. I am sorry this is so long, but I felt the need to state the facts and what i have tried. I hope someone out there has some advice on how to stop this. We constantly have to remind her of rules, she does the same things numerous times a day. PLEASE HELP ME before i have to be committed. Thank You for listening and any advice you could offer.