Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 04-20-2007, 01:48 PM
husbandintraining

Good question. At this point, our biggest parenting challenge is balance. The children's ages are spread through a ten year span, so each one has a little different reaction to any good or bad thing that happens. Managing these varied emotional needs is more difficult than handling the different physical needs they have.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:15 PM

Question 4yr Old Son & New Glasses

My biggest parenting challenge right now is getting my 4 yr old son to keep his new glasses on his face. It seems so easy for him to lay them down and then forget where he put them. I even went & bought a glasses connector, but it seemed a huge hassle for him to get them over his head w/ the band on. Fortunately, he is really good at keeping them on at school, it is just when he gets home that he is ready to get them off for the day!

Does anyone have any suggestions/comments on this?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:43 PM

will my biggest is try to get my son to use the potty he just dont want to he will not sit and and he 3 year old
Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 PM

Talking potty training and baseball!

I think that potty training this time around is alot harder than with my first son. And my husband knows nothing about sports. So I am trying to teach my eldest son how to play baseball. It's funny too. But we are all learning together and having a great time too.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:00 AM

Red face

I have two lil boys ages 4 and 2. What ever the 4 yr old does the 2 yr old wants to do. My biggest challenge now is with my 2 yrs old that when ever he is in trouble and gets put in timeout he says that he hates me and that it's all my fault but worst then that is that after a while of saying that he starts to swear very loudly no matter where we are he'll yell the F word at the top of his lungs. I dont know where he got it from because no one in my house swears.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:57 PM

Question

My biggest problem as a step-mom-to-be is 'this don't taste like my Mother cooks it,' 'I only eat red hot dogs,' 'this tastes funny,' 'I don't like this.' I only have problems with the 9 year old. The 13 year old is easy to please, and there is always something she likes. Perhaps it is because the 13 year old is just like her father and the 9 year old is just like her mother.

How do you deal with a child that only wants to eat (expensive) red-dyed hot dogs, Vienna sausages, Chee-toes Puffs, Icee-Pops and grape soda? I try too cook healthy organic and flavorful foods with a balanced diet, but I do allow treats so it's not so totally different. All those over processed foods just intensify her ADHD, but 'that is what she gets at her Mom's house.'

I can't get her to eat any vegetables, and don't want to be the 'evil step-mom,' but she needs fresh fruits and vegetables!
Old 04-21-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Excellent Question

My darling son just turned 13 months....so for me it is trying to get him to understand and listen to the word NO and trying to keep food on the table and in his mouth instead of on the floor or flying through the air. I think the flying food is the worst right now. I don't know if it is he just doesn't want it or he just wants to see how far he can push me or maybe a little of both. OY did I act like this when I was little?? I give my parents alot of praise if I did!!! lol I would love for my son to win this and get "into" some cartoons, right now his favorite shows are Jeopardy, Wheel of FOrtune and 30 minute meals with Rachael Ray!!!! Totally serious, how does a 13 month old enjoy such programs...he is getting old right before my eyes!!!! lol
Old 04-23-2007, 09:54 AM

Default biggest parenting challenge

I have a 4 year old son. We are having a real rough time with potty training. He goes pee in the potty, but won't go poop. In fact if he wears underwear he will hold his poop. However if he is wearing a pull up he will go poop int the pull up. I think that this whole potty training this is the biggest challenge that I have ever had. P.S. If anyone has advise for me about this potty training issue, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sunshine Mom

My 22 mo old son is just mean....if you tell him no (and I'm holding him) he will either grab and pinch my face or just head butt me. It's kinda funny....now that I'm typing it...but it's so rotten. And the worst part is he only does it w/ me and no DH.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Still biggest challenge

My biggest challenge right now and was before, is my 6 year ald being influenced by another little girl. I have done my best to keep her from hearing bad words, or anything dealing with ***. Just this past weekend she was saying some things ,I know she has not heard in this household. They are only allowed to watch G movies. So where did she hear this from? Her friend at school ,talking about people being fat and ugly ,and also pregnancy and boys. I am trying my best to keep my kids "KIDS" and innocent for as long as I possibly can , but in this day and time, it's impossible.
My GOD!! She is only 6 years old! This little girls parents got an ear full friday at the parent teacher fellowship. They acted as if they were shocked. I don't know how they could not know. I sit down with my daughter every day and ask her questions. My biggest challenge in this world today is keeping my daughters from growing up too fast, and trying to keep the bad away. TRYING!