Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 09-04-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Frugal Scrapbooking

Frugal Scrapbooking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) You don't need every tool on the market. New scrapbooking tools are constantly popping up. If you try to get every new item out there, you could go broke! Sit down and come up with a list of items you must have (for example paper, stick glue, decorative scissors a must…) and a list of items that you want to have. From time to time, as your budget allows, purchase a item from your "want" list to treat yourself. I do that when I get a gift card from my “favorite” store “Hobby Lobby” (of course) for my birthday or Christmas.
2) Look at what you have at home. Save your old birthday cards or old Christmas cards, cut off the parts you can use with your scissors. I’ve even used junk mail if it’s cool looking…. (Imagine, you can actually use junk mail for something!)
3) Have a scrapbooking party one night with your friends. Share each others stuff. If you have even just one other friend who scraps, you can double your access to scrapbooking tools.
4) Or go shopping with a scrapbooking friend, go halves on the goodies, and then take turns using them.
5) Keep a simple layout. I know that might be a little hard but for others, they prefer it that way. Use mostly solid colored papers and cardstock, instead of pattern papers, they tend to be more expensive. Use stickers sparingly. If you like patterns, you to buy 1 sheet, and scan it on a scanner (that is if you have a scanner) and then just print out a copy when you need it.
6) Create your own templates. Instead of buying templates, you can create your own on plastic lids. Or even the dollar store has some. I’ve bought quite a few from there myself.
7) The Internet has lots of free stuff out there for scrapbookers and crafters. There are also sites that have fonts you can download for free. You can also get some layout ideas.

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!
Karen Armacost
Attached Images
File Type: jpg srapbook_after_front.jpg (15.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg scrapbook_after_inside_suitcase.jpg (19.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg scrapbook_hardcover_fish_sml_stars_n_stripes.jpg (8.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by mypooky; 09-04-2006 at 11:26 PM.